Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Help!! What to should I do for a cracked finger nail that needs to grow out?

My new puppy bit me really hard a couple of weeks ago right on the cuticle of my nail. I knew it hurt really bad but didn't see any damage done except for a torn cuticle. But now as it's growing out %26amp; can see that it's cracked! I have super good nails so I'm hoping this won't permanently wreck this nail. In the meantime, what should I do as it grows out? I was thinking maybe some super glue %26amp; then file it smooth? I've never had to deal with this kind of break before so I'm at a loss...please help! Thanks!Help!! What to should I do for a cracked finger nail that needs to grow out?
Don't put glue on, it will be like putting glue on an open wound. Try using clear band-aids or some type of liquid band aid material. The main thing is to let the nail grow out naturally without interfering with the healing process or getting infected.

No comments:

Post a Comment