Wednesday, February 10, 2010

If your toe nail falls off...does it grow back again?

i heard from my mother that if ur toe nail falls off it wouldnt grow back again. so i am kind of worried if mine falls out it wouldnt grow back because i accidentally hit my toe nail on something and now its sort of bruised and sort of falling out but it didnt fall out completely yet so yea.can u please tell me if u know.. thanksIf your toe nail falls off...does it grow back again?
It depends on the injury but they typically grow back. Just make sure that if it falls off you don't try to hide your toes in socks 24 hours out of the day. You don't want fungus growing. If you damaged the root of the nail then you may have to see a physicianIf your toe nail falls off...does it grow back again?
yes they grow back it just takes time, unless you had surgery and then they can grow back deformed
Yes, mine fell off due to injury and it grew back.
yes they will grow back i have lost one before and it hurts bad but it did grow back
yes
You've got to be kidding me! That's like saying if you eat your carrots you can see in the dark. lol
yes. they grow back. it just takes some time.
yes
My girlfriend's toenail got smashed by a dropped flower pot and then her kid stomped on it about a month later and it completely flew off! It is slowly but surely growing back-but it is not pretty!!!
It will grow back.
Yes it would grow back, so stop worrying.
I hiked a local mountain in some shoes that were slightly too long for my feet. I did all right until I started back down.





With each step, my feet slammed forward in my shoes and met the resistance at the toe of the shoe. The path is a few miles long, so this battering continued for quite a while.





When I reached home, I took off my shoes to see bloody socks.





I took off my socks and found that both my big toes and the second toes had been injured. The toe nails had been jammed against the quick and had been torn loose.





Over the next while (weeks or so), I lost all four toe nails, each in its turn.





They all grew back, but were no longer the pristine toe nails I once knew. They were not as clear and they were thicker.





Every two or three years, I seem to bang a toe against something and lose a toe nail, again. They come off easier, now, once the process starts. They start to separate from the toe and finally all that's holding them on is a strip of skin-like material (part of the cuticle, I think) at the base (back end) of the toe nail, and I can just rip the whole thing off with the slightest discomfort.





After a few days, the toe bed shows signs of healing and another nail starts to grow from seemingly nothing.





The nails on the big toe take up to two years to grow back and cover the toe bed, the nails on the second toes grow back a bit faster.
Yah, everyone's right. It grows back....completely.


But, while it's growing, you need to make sure that your toe and the skin around it are clean %26amp; sterile, no bacteria. You may linger a strip of bandage around your toe, so that you nail could grow back in a sterile condition. Or you may apply some desinfectant on your growing nail once a day.


Hope it helps you then...
They uaually do grow back, I think.
Yes it happen to me
most of the time it will grow back but on rare occasion it may not,
it depends on your jeans whether it grows back or not maybe you and your mom shared the same jeans


you should get with her and compare
Yes it will grow back it's just like everything else just keeps on growing.
It does grow back. Mine fell off and now it's as good as new.
It will grow back.......

No comments:

Post a Comment