Sunday, February 7, 2010

Do prenatal vitamins really clear up skin, make hair silkier and grow faster, and make nails stronger?

and are there any downsides or dangers in taking them if you're not pregnant or even close to becoming pregnant?Do prenatal vitamins really clear up skin, make hair silkier and grow faster, and make nails stronger?
No they don鈥檛鈥?You often hear they do but that is a misconception. A prenatal vitamin is actually not as potent as a normal vitamin. A fetus can be harmed if the fat salable vitamins and specific minerals are too high.





The reason why women often experience great hair and nails during pregnancy is due to the changes her body is going through. Additionally a woman鈥檚 caloric intake increases thus more nutrients are available / absorbed.





Hope that helps,





TWDo prenatal vitamins really clear up skin, make hair silkier and grow faster, and make nails stronger?
I've been on them for 8 months and haven't noticed anything like that. I've had three doctors tell me that if there's any chance that you could get pregnant, it doesn't hurt to start taking prenatals. If you're taking antibiotics or anything else that could make your bc less effective. It's just higher amounts of iron, folic acid and some other regular vitamins and minerals. Shouldn't hurt you.
supposedly I dunno I never tried them. but you can take 'hair skin and nail' vitamins and they will work really good! that's what I take! I buy them at the walmart beauty salon. But I'm sure you could get them at almost any place where they do hair.
I'm on prenatal vitamins and I haven't noticed anything different than when I wasn't on them. I sure would like my hair to grow faster though...
No, this is a misconception, it is pregnancy that actually causes those things. There are some vitamins that help with hair growth and nail strength, you should look into which specific ones can help you.
Do not take prenatal vitamins if you are not pregnant! They can be highly toxic to non pregnant people. They are meant only for pregnant women and have been specifically formulated for that reason (for two people to get their vitamins one of which who is growing another human being inside of her). Again, it can be very toxic to non pregnant people.

No comments:

Post a Comment