Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why do I have extra skin that grows over the bottom of my nail?

Which makes my nails look smaller and it also hides the half moon shaped thing (Lunula) on my ring finger. Why is it there, I haven't seen no one else with the skin covering the Lunula, b/c I can clearly see their half moon shape thing on their nail.





Can I pick the skin off so the Lunula is visible?Why do I have extra skin that grows over the bottom of my nail?
That moon needs to be there, if it is hidden you may have OVERACTIVE THYROID ISSUES. Do a Basal Body Temp test to determine if you have an issue, this is found in a book listed below, this book is in many grocery stores by the natural soaps so you can do a quick reference and not have to spend a lot for one question.You would also have brittle, soft and shiny nails IF the thyroid is overactive.





Have a digital thermometer by your bed. Keep it close to you, when you wake up FIRST thing you put it under your arm to get a temp. Write it down, do this for 5 days, doing this FIRST THING IS KEY. THis is your BASAL BODY TEMP.


IF your temp is lower than 97.6 means you may have HYPOTHYROIDISM...which is slow thyroid, tired alot etc....a high temp is HYPERTHYROIDISM and would be over 98.8 every day! Potruding eyes is a sign of the latter as well. Push them cuticles back after a soapy soak and see if that isn't just a cosmetic issue, then worry about the other options that I put in here, No need to worry if it is just cosmetic and can be fixed.Why do I have extra skin that grows over the bottom of my nail?
It's called the cuticle and no, you should not pick it off; it's supposed to be there. Everyone has it, it's normal.


It keeps your skin sealed and germs out.














Edit


Not everyone's lunula is visible. That's the way you are. It doesn't make nails look smaller.
  • get rid of acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment