Sunday, February 7, 2010

Anybody Know Any Home Remedies For An In-Grown Toe Nail?

My boyfriend has an in-grown toe nail and he doesn't like to take pills that the doctor gave him for it(he's a big baby when it comes to that stuff *haha*). If anybody knows anything I could do to help him please tell me. Thanks.Anybody Know Any Home Remedies For An In-Grown Toe Nail?
Have him soak his foot in warm water, and add 1/2 cup of Epsom Salts (you can get them at any food or drug store, and they're mad cheap). Let it soak in there for about 15 minutes, and then have him gently massage the side of the nail fold. This will help with inflammation. He also needs to try and keep the area as clean and dry as possible (when not soaking), and apply an antibiotic ointment like Neosporin.





Now, if the pills that the doctor gave him were antibiotics, he HAS to take them. If he doesn't, he could end up with a systemic blood infection that could land him in the hospital and make him severely ill. I know it sounds crazy that something that severe would happen from an ingrown toenail, but it does. Don't let it happen to him.Anybody Know Any Home Remedies For An In-Grown Toe Nail?
I have the remedy!I suffered for years with nasty,infected ingrown toe nails.To scared to have them removed.No one is putting needles in my toes!!A senior citizen told me to rub vicks vapor rub on the nail and surrounding edges.I tried it,not believing it would work.I tell you that I no longer have any problems with ingrown nails.Give it a try.
soak it in warm water and epsom salts. after a bit open where the nail is digging in and shove some salts in, it may be painful but its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment