Sunday, February 7, 2010

Whats the best way to stop biting your nails and encourage them to grow?

Go for a manicure. I bit my nails for years and I decided to go for a manicure after I saw my nails looking neat and healthy and really shiny I stopped biting them I have to do this every week to 2 weeks though coz when they start to get dull again I start to bite them try it what harm can it do you also get to feel relaxed and pampered great excuse!!Whats the best way to stop biting your nails and encourage them to grow?
wear mittens.Whats the best way to stop biting your nails and encourage them to grow?
I used to have the same problem, I used to bite my nails. I stopped doing it, with a lot of strong will. Everytime I put my fingers in my mouth I would immediately put them down. I know there are polish nails to encourage you to stop, but we are surrounded by so many chemicals (in the air, water, food, clothes, etc), I definitely wouldn't put another chemical on my body, when I could use my inner strength and my strong will to stop a habit.


Make a bet with someone, pay 拢1 for each time you put your fingers in your mouth. Like this you will be encouraged to stop that dreadful habit.


About the growth part, I use a cream (Neutrogena) for my hands, and when I'm watching TV, I massage my nails. Specially on the base, where they meet the flesh, this will activate blood circulation in this area and will help them get stronger and grow quicker.





Good luck!
Use stop n grow works for me it tastes horrible
Best way to stop biting them, is to... stop putting then in your mouth and closing your jaw...





as for growing... talk to them, like with plants.
put ear wax under your nails
it is difficult to do. I stopped around the age of 14 but it was hard. I used that awful tasting stuff ( stop n grow it was called back them) but I was determined. too. I dont think people realise how difficult it is - like all addictions it is hard to stop. My proble ( I realise now!) was stress living with authoritative and aggressive father.


Maybe that's the answer - if there is a stress in your life remove it first? good luck


x
Artificial nails
Chopping your fingers off.
Nail biting is an unconscious or automatic behavior. That is why the habit is difficult to break and a conscious decision to stop nail biting usually fails. I have found hypnotherapy to be the best to break the habit. Hypnosis works at the subconscious level that is why it is the most effective way to rid nail biting.
There's a kind of nail varnish you can buy for about 拢3.99; it's edible but tastes disgusting and should soon get you out of the habit!
WEAR GLOVES
Pick your bum and don't wash your hands.
here's an interesting fact:


there are more germs under your fingernails than on yor toilet seat!!! (its true!)





so next time you chew your fingernails, just imagine eating off a dirty toilet seat





it sure worked for me!
Find something to keep your hands busy.


Where you mostly bite them is where you need to think about so if it is when you are computing wear gloves.


You only have to wait for them to grow they dont realy need encouragement. You might need to clip them as soon as they get past bearable level or you will find yourself biting them. Neat is better than bitten so dont think about having huge talons immediately.
Hi having seen some of the daft answers you have got already I will try an give you a serious one. One that worked for me.


I am as you may be able to tell by my avitar that I am male.


But in desperation I bought some stuff that tastes bad when you put it in your mouth and looks like clear nail polish





I noticed I didn't bite my nails nearly so often. But, it was not because of the taste. It was because each time I saw the shiny nails it reminded me NOT to bite them. So as a cheaper alternative to the 'no bite' stuff I bought some clear nail polish. And constantly seeing this naging at me not to bite gradualy broke the habit
hi.. one of the best ways to grow your nails is to put on artificial ones,, although they weaken your nail, they do look good and can be grown off when you have your desired natural nail length underneath..
you could get that clear nail polish which tastes awful when you try to bite your nails
there is a nail polish for anti biting. you cannot see it, but if you bite on it, it has the most awfull taste, you will not do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment