Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How can I stop bitting my nails I want them to grow but they wont.?

i used to do that but i stuck my fingers in white vinegar and they tasted bad so i didnt bite them and white vinegar makes your nails strongHow can I stop bitting my nails I want them to grow but they wont.?
it damages your nails to bite them


so just don 'tHow can I stop bitting my nails I want them to grow but they wont.?
Honestly, just stop.





Yes you can put nasty tasting products on your nails, but that doesn't stop your habit. And it takes a lot of work to remember to keep applying these products to your nails.





Chew gum or plain simple, ignore your nails. Tell yourself that everytime you chew it, it's only getting shorter and you're not reaching your goal.





Also, if this is any type of motivation, the more you bite your nails, the more fragile it'll be when you do stop the habit and let it grow. It'll become thin and chip very easily. Because of this, you won't be able to grow your nails the way you want it.





Continue drinking milk because it provides the protein your nails need to grow.





Remember, this habit is great now, but you're going to really regret it in the future when you want to have fun with your nails.





Take Care!
The way i stopped my self from biting my nails was by getting a pair of handcuffs from the police. Then i would handcuff my hands behind my back. I did that unitil the urge went away.
I have the same problem! This is what i do when i want to stop biting my nails, i hate the taste of nailpolish remover because when i get the nail polish off of my nails the smell and taste is still there so when i go to bite my nail i accidently tatse that and it keeps me from biting my nails. Also i just try and think dont bite them, i want them to be pretty!! I hope i helped!
Nail biting is a nervous habit. Try to avoid stressful situations. Also, you can purchase a nail polish designed to prevent nail biting and thumbsucking. It is called Orly No Bite. Another one is called Mavala Stop for Nail Biting. Both of these prodcuts have a bitter taste to them.
i hav the same problem
biting your nails is a hard habit to break.


what could probably help is thinking about how pretty your nails could be, or paint them so you won't want to ruin them.
you can put tabasco on them that way when you try biting them its really spicy...my sister had the same problem...it worked great
Try cleaning the litter box, first thing in the morning. Use your hands and don't wash them for the rest of the day.
You have to force yourself to stop, it will get you nowhere.





1) You can think about how nasty and dirty your nails are, which they are, and think about those germs transferring to your mouth.





2) You can imagine beautiful long nails and be motivated to stop biting them.





3) You can put something nasty on the tip of your nails so you avoid biting them. There is this bitter stuff especially for that reason called Control It! You will NOT want to go near your nails...





4) You can get a manicure so you won't want to bite your beautiful nails!





5) Eat calcium, it promotes healthy long nails.





6) Distract your mouth and hands!





I useto bite my nails, now they are long and beautiful!


GOod LUCK!
Wear fake nails thats what i did and they do grow while you wear them. so just wear them for 30 days just dont go and bite the fake nails. Trust me having 30 days or w/e wiht nice nails make you more confident on having to stop biting and odnt buy those nail polishes that say it would grow faster i bought it and it didnt work for me so i guess just wait. But if you despretly want them to grow then take them
tape your nails


hehehe
the same thign happened to me! i was addicted with it. i never listend in class cuz i was too busy bghtign them. i think you should go to a manicurast and let them make it really good. or u can tape every fingernail. i did that and it started helping me. i also used a specific nail polish that has a really bad taste. that made me stop too. good luck iwth everyhting. hopefully ur nails will get better. everytime u want to bight them, just think about how much nicer they will look if u dont! goood luck with everyhting!!! i hope u stoppp:]
put stuff on





plzz help http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
I have short stubby nails myself and chewed them for years and occasionally on a stressful day I given in and chew at them. Distract your stress reliever to twirling your hair or paint them with a clear coat of polish. When I started to take care of my nails that is when I stopped biting them and they look good.





TRUST ME THEY'LL GROW!!!
They're growing but you are biting them! Put some clear nail polish on them to deter chewing, get that bitter tasting stuff (but it makes your food taste like that if u eat with your hands).


Why not just get acrylics?
there is a few things you can do....


1. buy that nail polish that is meant for ppl who bite their nails.. it tastes gross so you can stop.. but the trick is not to forget to put it on. Then buy a nail thickener because if you don't your nails will be weak and brittle and they wont grow like this.





OR





2. go fake nails put on.. make sure they are gel not acrylic.. and your nails will start to grow out when they do go back to the nail place and get them removed then get a manicure and tell them you want to keep you nails naturally long. they will put on this stuff to make sure they don't break as easily..


(this is probably your best bet)
definitely put on fake nails or my mom used to put Tabasco sauce on my brothers fingers
This sounds a little weid but it works. I bought dental floss sticks and when I get a little stessed i have them every where. I bite them and they floss my teeth at the same time. Its made my dentist happy.
I ALWAYS BIT MY NAILS UNTIL THEY WOULD HURT AND THE ONLY WAY I COULD GET THEM TO GROW WAS TO GET FALSE NAILS AND KEEP THEM ON UNTIL MY REAL NAILS GREW OUT. THEN I GOT THEM REMOVED AND JUST KEPT UP WITH MY REAL NAILS. I HAVE HAD LONG NAILS EVER SINCE.....HOPE THIS HELPS.
they make yucky tasting stuff you can put on them. maybe put acrylics on untill the grow out some. thier pretty hard to chew through.
When I was a kid, my grandmother used to paint my nails with this disgusting varnish, it tasted foul and was designed to help thumb suckers and nail biters kick their habit lol.





You can find it here : http://www.salonskincare.co.uk/product_i鈥?/a>





Or go to your local pharmacy and ask if they sell a bitter tasting nail varnish to stop nail biting. It really does help.
Sometimes painting them can help because then you get chips of paint in your mouth and they look gross. If you need something to put in your mouth try a pen cap (bad for your teeth but may help while you are trying to stop). Also, if it's a nervous thing and you need something to focus on, try carrying a small nail file in your pocket that you can pull out when you find yourself bitting on your nails. By spending time shaping your nails and making them look nice, you will have a harder time bitting them. Always try to find something else to do when you find yourself bitting.
I recommend purchasing a polish that tastes terrible when you bite. That, or dab a bit of something foul tasting on your nails. If all else fails, paint them. I had the same problem as you, and whenever I painted them, I found that I wouldn't bite them.





Good luck, hope this helps.
just start picking your bum ..the smell will make you stop bitting them
well mi sister tried this wenever there is a long break at school or collage or werever u go just ake ur nails and u wont bit them it will grow eventuially i hope i hellped!also its really bad for you so thats another reason


gooood luckk to u !:]]]]
try eating gum instead. It helped me!
i use nail polish. once they look all pretty I dont want to ruin them. I have heard getting fake nails helps with the problem too, but then that leads to fragile nails..
omg i went through the same thingg you just chew gum instead trust me right now my nails are ultraaa long!!!! iloveit!!!
You can by nail polish that tastes bad specifically so that you don't bit your nail, and by nail polish that can stimulate your nail growth.
  • student finance
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment