Sunday, February 7, 2010

I have a damaged nail bed. will it grow back?

ok so about two months ago i shut my thumb nail in the car door. (worst pain EVER). i had a heir line fracture in the middle of my thumb but everything is ok with that now. anyway these past two months my nail had become very loose and started to come off. well this morning it finally came fully off and it seems there is a lot of nail-bed damage and possibly cuticle damage from the impact two months ago. i was just wondering if there is a chance my thumbnail will grow back?its pretty ugly without the nail:( ..





thanksI have a damaged nail bed. will it grow back?
Okay this sounds so weird, but really about 3 in a half months ago I was eating corn on the cob and went to jab one of the skewers into the cob and it slid over the corn and jabbed me in the middle of my nail bed. It bled like a *****! And omg it felt like I shut it in the door. I really punctured my nail, but not only the nail I punctured it so deep it hit underneath my nail bed. When you would look at it you could see I cracked the nail and underneath looked kind of black (I'm assuming it was bruised?) And my nail started growing kind of sideways almost as if I interrupted the regular growth. But FINALLY after a few months (sad to say) it grew off! Your nails are ';trained'; to repair themselves. But you should go get it looked at by a Dr. you would never guess how many different bacterial / fungal infections you can get by not properly cleaning those kinds of things. PLUS the Dr might give you something to help it heal faster!! :)





hope i helped!I have a damaged nail bed. will it grow back?
Yeah, I've done that. It really hurts. Yes, it will grow back. Might want to treat with an triple antibiotic cream, and certainly if you are going to a doc anyway have them take a look.
it might


remains to be seen


ive seen them removed and still come back

No comments:

Post a Comment